Welcome to the Garland Volunteer Fire Department - Station 65. We are a 100% volunteer organization that provides a vast array of emergency services to the residents and visitors of Pittsfield and Deerfield Townships, Warren County, Northwestern Pennsylvania. Our district is made up of approximately 50 square miles of residential, seasonal, agricultural and woodlands. We operate a Rescue/Engine, Pumper/Tanker and a Brush/Utility vehicle out of one station located in Garland, PA.
We are always looking for volunteers to help in all areas of running a fire department, CLICK HERE to learn more about joining the team!
Mark your Calendars for Warren Gives - Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 6 AM - 10 PM
Honoring Our Heroes
Incidents & Events
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:00amStation 65 with Stations 61, 64 and 74 were dispatched to a structure fire next door to the fire station. Upon 6510 acknowledging was advised of a fully involved structure. 6510 added Station 62 for 623 to the assignment. Upon arrival of 654 2 - 2.5" lines were stretched to make a quick hit on the 2 story structure and save a garage exposure. 612 and 614 arrived and setup 2 dump tanks to establish water supply. 641 was sent to setup a tanker fill site. 612, 614, 623, 644 and 744 worked the tanker shuttle. Crews from Garland, Youngsville, Wrightsville and Spring Creek worked several hours extinguishing hot spots as most of the structure collapsed onto itself. Units operating on scene were Garland 654 & 652, Youngsville 612, 614, 617 & 6191, Spring Creek 641 & 644, Wrightsville 623 and Grand Valley 744.
- Thursday, April 9, 2015 - 5:30amStation 65 was dispatched to assist Station 61 with a structure fire on Mead Run Rd. 654 and 658 with additional manpower responded.
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 11:45pmStation 65 with Stations 61, 64, 74 were dispatched to a reported barn fire on Mickle Hill Rd. Upon acknowledging 6520 requested an additional tanker from Spartansburg to assist. Upon arrival 654 took the address with 200' of 5" supply line laid out the driveway. The 65 crew lead off with the Blitzfire to protect the exposure and make a quick knock on that end of the barn. 652 arrived next and setup scene lighting. 612 setup the water supply/dump site at the roadway and 614, 644, 744 and 224 worked the tanker shuttle. 641 setup the water supply at the fill site. Crews from Garland, Spring Creek, Spartansburg and Youngsville worked for several hours with the assistance of the owners skid steer to remove hay and mop up hot spots.
- Monday, July 21, 2014 - 7:00amStation 65 along with Stations 61, 64 and 74 were dispatched for a structure fire on Punkey Hollow Rd. 654 arrived on location to find a large pole building fully involved with exposures. 654 initiated a defensive mode and setup on the east side to protect the exposures and stop fire progression in an addition to the fire building. 644 picked up the 5" supply line and laid out additional 5" to the dry hydrant and setup water supply. 744 setup on the west side of the building for fire suppression. Crews from Wrightsville, Youngsville and Tidioute assisted in suppression and overhaul. Units operating on scene for approx. 5 hours were Garland 652 & 654, Spring Creek 641 & 644, Grand Valley 744, Youngsville 612, 617, 6191, Wrightsville 623 and Tidioute 713.
- Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 12:00pmStation 65 assisted Youngsville at an MVA on Route 6, 652 responded.
- Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 1:30amStation 65 was dispatched to assist Spring Creek with a structure fire. 654 responded.
- Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 4:30amStation 65 assisted Columbus at a structure fire on Blue Eye Rd. 654 responded.
- Monday, April 21, 2014 - 2:30pmStation 65 was dispatched for a brush fire on Route 27. 658 & 654 responded with 7 personnel and arrived to find a brush fire spreading with a car and debris pile already involved. 6520 requested Grand Valley, Spring Creek and Youngsville for manpower. Crews contained the fire and prevented it from spreading any further. Units on scene were 658, 654, 644, 618, 614 and 744. Crews operated on scene for a little over an hour.
- Monday, April 21, 2014 - 1:00pmStation 65 assisted Spring Creek with a brush fire on Collins Rd. 658 responded and was canceled prior to arrival.
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 3:45pmStations 65, 61, 71 and 74 were dispatched to a structure fire on Torpedo Rd. Upon arrival of 654 and 6540 they found a shed fully involved with the dwelling as an exposure. Crews pulled one 1 3/4" and cooled the dwelling then put a knock on the shed. Crews from Tidioute and Grand Valley assisted in overhaul and mop up. Units on scene included 654, 652, 711, 714 and 741. Youngsville was redirected to stand by at Station 65. Crews operated on scene approximately 40 minutes.
- Friday, April 18, 2014 - 2:30pmStation 65 was dispatched for a brush fire on Route 27. 658 & 654 responded with 8 personnel. Crews contained the fire to approximately 1/3 of an acre in approximately 20 minutes.
- Monday, April 14, 2014 - 12:30pmStation 65 was dispatched for a brush fire on Davey Hill Rd. 658 with 6520 arrived on scene to find a tree limb on an electric line causing a minor fire. Crews contacted the electric company and contained the fire from spreading.
- Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 2:30pmStation 65 assisted Spring Creek with a brush fire on Oil Creek Rd. 658 responded.
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 8:00amStation 65 was dispatched to assist Spring Creek with an MVA. 652 was canceled prior to arrival.
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:00amStation 65 was dispatched for a chimney fire on Dalrymple St. Upon arrival of 6510 there was light smoke coming from the chimney with negative extension to the home. 654 & 652 arrived on scene and secured the wood stove and laddered the roof. Crews ran the home owners chimney brush down the flue and were met with resistance halfway down the flue. 6510 advised the home owner to contact a professional chimney sweep and crews cleared the scene in 30 minutes. Stations 61 and 62 were on stand by.
- Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 4:00pmStation 65 was dispatched to assist Station 74 with a structure fire on Oil Creek Rd. 652 & 654 responded with a crew of 7.
- Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 7:00pmStation 65 was dispatched to assist Youngsville at a chimney fire. 654 responded.
- Monday, January 27, 2014 - 3:00pmStations 65, 61, 62 & 52 were dispatched at 11:53 for a structure fire on Davey Hill Rd. Due to the extreme cold temperatures and daytime manpower shortages 6510 requested Station 64 & 71 for manpower. Upon arrival of 654 & 6220 the south wall of the two story dwelling was fully involved. 1 crew member from 654 made a quick hit on the outside of the structure while 6220 packed up, then they made entry and made quick work of the interior fire. Wrightsville, Tidioute and Spring Creek crews assisted in overhaul and mop up, Youngsville had the cascade and rehab while 523 had the water supply. Crews operated on scene for approximately 2.5 hours. The homeowner utilizing a kerosene torpedo heater to thaw frozen pipes was the cause of the fire.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 6:45pmStation 65 was dispatched to assist Youngsville at a chimney fire. 654 responded.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 8:15amStations 65, 71 & 74 were dispatched at 11:26 for a structure fire on Holden Hill Ln. 713 was first on scene with a seasonal camp already collapsed on the ground. 654, 714 and 744 each provided a load of water so crews could cool the remains of the structure. Units operated on scene for approximately 1 hour.
- Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 8:45pmStations 65, 61, 62 & 52 were dispatched at 23:53 for a structure fire with entrapment on Barton Run Rd. Upon arrival of 6510 the 1 story dwelling was fully involved and confirmed 1 entrapment. 6510 requested Station 71 for 714 and additional manpower. 654 took the address and 612, 614, 623 and 714 were operating the tanker shuttle with 523 at the water supply. Crews made a quick knock on the bulk of the fire with extensive overhaul. Crews worked on scene approximately 4 hours before being released and 6510 with 652 remained on scene to investigate with the PSP Fire Marshall. Unfortunately there was 1 fatality.
- Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:00pmStations 65, 61, 64 & 74 were dispatched at 10:25 to a structure fire on Extension Rd. The 24x24 pole barn was fully involved and starting to collapse upon arrival of 654 & 6520. Youngsville & Spring Creek crews assisted with overhaul and mop up. 612 provided the water supply and 744 was redirected to cover for Station 65. Units operated on scene for approximately 1 hour. Unfortunately some farm animals were lost in the blaze.